I am honored to offer this interview of Brandt Stickley talking about his practice and teaching of Chinese medicine. This was early in the podcast’s history, and the first interview, so the sound quality is a little dubious. Dr. Stickley apologizes for his very high volume.
1. Contemporary Pulse Diagnosis
2. Working with and learning from the incomparable Dr. Leon Hammer
3. Dr. Stickley’s basic understanding of Classical Chinese Medicine
4. Entering the mystery, the importance of the senses, and other exciting stuff
Links of note:
- Dragon Rises.org : site containing articles, links and information about seminars pertaining to Contemporary Pulse Diagnosis
- Dragon Rises College of Oriental Medicine
Dr. Leon Hammer’s two most well-known books are Dragon Rises, Red Bird Flies and Chinese Pulse Diagnosis: A Contemporary Approach (Revised Edition) (both affiliate links)
If you like the Chinese Medicine Central podcast, and hope I will do more, would you do me a favor and rate this in the iTunes store? Just click this link, then click on “open this podcast in iTunes) and near the bottom of the page you will see the place to add your rating. Thank you!
About Eric Grey
Hi - I'm the founder of this site and the primary master of all functions here. When I'm not writing, you can find me reaching out to the Chinese Medicine community across the web and in my own backyard. I currently teach Chinese herbs at my alma mater, the National College of Natural Medicine. Additionally, I'm the founder of Watershed Wellness, a thriving local clinic in Southeast Portland in Oregon. No matter where I'm working, you'll find my focus on the Classical approach to Chinese medicine laced throughout everything I do.