Do you want to overcome your overwhelm, boredom and confusion about Chinese herbalism so you can be a force of transformation in the lives of your patients?
There’s a simple secret at the heart of learning Chinese herbs well enough to help your patients at the deepest level, every time. It’s honestly not much of a secret, though, because it’s right there in the stories and texts that lie at the foundation of Chinese medicine.
The secret? Engage your whole self in the learning, and never stop.
Unfortunately – most of our Chinese herbs education doesn’t take this secret seriously. In general, Chinese herbs are taught in much the same way algebra, world history, physiology and any other subject. The herbs are reduced to category, a few actions, maybe a flavor and temperature. Even the best professors find the material difficult to teach – there’s just so much of it, and it’s hard to know how to deliver it in a way that really lights a fire in students – thus the “data point” model has become the norm. Herbs are fascinating, living, transformative things – and most people know that right away when they begin their study.
The data point model of learning herbs simply sucks the life out of the subject
Some students drop out. Some simply check out. Even worse, the most engaged and excited students get to clinic and find they just don’t know how to prescribe the herbs. Many fall back on just a couple of formulas or patents, and don’t dare to go beyond, despite knowing that deep power resides in the “beyond.”
I had the same problem
While I found the tests in school to be pretty easy, and my professor was a wonderful man full of great clinical gems, I found myself losing passion. From the first day I noticed that, I made it my quest to wake each day completely excited out of my mind to learn more about herbs. Later, as a practitioner, I taught classes about Chinese herbs – which I do to this day. In creating that class from the ground up, I learned what worked and what didn’t work.
Gradually, the Shennong Method was born
Eventually, I realized that what I’d built was really a unique method for learning Chinese herbs that I could teach anyone (and I actually was teaching everyone who would listen).
Want to get a little taste of the course? Of course you do – here’s the very first video of the course – free!
Who should take this course?
No matter your level of basic knowledge about Chinese herbs, you can benefit from this course. I have taught people with 20 years of clinical experience, folks just getting started on their Chinese medicine journey, as well as people currently in the throes of their formal Chinese medicine education. All have found tremendous transformation in their understanding.
– Neal J. Sivula, DVM, PhD, FAAVA Dancing Paws Animal Wellness Center Richfield, Ohio, USA
- Compelling educational video, with audio versions that you can take anywhere
- Text resources to expand your learning and clue you in to other perspectives
- Assessments and other activities to help you cement what you learn
- Reading lists to help you connect to the wider world of information
- Access to members-only forums to help you connect with people like you worldwide
- Access to mentorship calls, several times a year, to ask ME questions and hear the questions of your peers (all recorded, and you have access to all past mentorship calls)
- Permanent access to the course for as long as the site exists (all resources are fully downloadable!)
- Access to ongoing updates to the course, made 2-4 times annually
- 14 NCCAOM CEU credits
The course is currently not available for registration. I’m hoping it will be ready in October 2015. If you are interested in hearing about when it is ready, please add your information to the form below!